Taskshift Logo Header How it Works Blog FAQ Marketplace Sign in Start Selling

How to Hire a B2B Blog Writer

  • 10 November, 2021
How to Hire a B2B Blog Writer

Writing blogs for general consumers is pain-staking as it is, but producing content for businesses is something else entirely. You’re looking at thousands of words each day with an emphasis on bulk content – that too of the highest quality.

Anyone who’s ever gone through the process of hiring a writer can tell you how frustrating the whole process is. From checking portfolios to reviewing samples, it’s no easy task. The problem isn’t about finding writers as the market is overflowing with writers. It’s about finding writers with pristine skills and talents - someone who can uphold the quality standards of your business. 

In a B2B setup, client retention depends on professional communication. The last thing you want is to hire a writer that leaves a bad impression on your brand. That’s why it is important to discuss the methods and techniques to hire an expert blog writer. Here’s our 7-step guide to hiring blog writers

Hire Pre-vetted Writers Only

It can be tempting to search for writers on Google, social media, and various job boards when starting off the hiring process. Finding writers from these sites is no problem, but the fact is that you'll have to spend a lot of time filtering applications and separating professional writers from amateur candidates. 

According to experts, when you cast a wide net and try to find writers from a large pool of candidates, you can expect 75% of applications to be unsuitable for your business. From the remaining 25%, you still have to figure out:

  • Whether the writer understands your niche and target audience

  • Their experience level in your industry

  • Have they helped blogs rank in SERPs?

  • Testimonials for past clients 

In short, it's a time-consuming process that many businesses just can't afford. Instead of wasting precious time to find blog writers, you should visit pre-vetted sources. These are websites and platforms that have already vetted writers beforehand. 

In other words, you don't have to go through the entire verification process and can rest assured you'll hire blog writers with proven credentials. 

Some great pre-vetted sources include:

  • The TaskShift marketplace: Our platform only hires the best writers in the market. If you’re looking to hire writers for blog writing, this should be your go-to place.

  • Your personal network: You can hire writers you've worked with from your private network. Previous writers can guarantee excellent results.

Look at Latest Samples

professional blog writer

Many guides on the internet will tell you to check out writer's samples before hiring them. But what they don't tell you is that you should only look at a writer's latest samples and not only their best work. This is because you want to see how they usually write and not how they write when they're being scrutinized. 

The latest samples will reveal a writer's working process and the level of quality you should normally expect from them. Furthermore, make it a habit to verify clarity within samples. Too many businesses simply check grammar and sentence structure without verifying readability and clarity. 

Your preferred candidate should have:

  • Clear and easy-to-understand writing style

  • Proper clarity and readability scores (use online tools such as Grammarly or Hemmingway)

  • Be able to communicate through simple sentences

  • Use relevant sources and links where necessary

Can they write for Search Engines?

When you write content, you have to keep in mind that you're not only writing for humans. Search engines and crawlers will also try to determine readability. When you hire blog writers, make sure they write content that is optimized for SEO. This includes:

  • Proper formatting in documents

  • Use of headings and subheadings

  • Use of bullet points and paragraphs 

  • Strategic placement of keywords (both primary and secondary)

  • Proper keyword density 

You need blog writers who understand your business and are willing to bend some rules to improve your rankings. A professional writer can strike a balance between human readability and machine clarity, and that's exactly what you should be looking for. 

Use Paid Tests to Gauge Quality